The ORFEUS Annual Observatory Meeting and Workshop 2018 will be held in Athens, Greece, on the 12th and 13th of November 2018.
The workshop will focus on Strong-Motion Seismology and Engineering Seismology.
The Core thematic areas will be:
- Coordination and knowledge transfer among Euro-Mediterranean networks and observatories.
- ORFEUS / EPOS strong-motion services.
- Challenges in Strong-Motion and Engineering Seismology and the role of ORFEUS in serving the community to face them.
- Best practices in site characterisation.
- EPOS NFOs data integration.
The workshop is co-sponsored by EPOS TCS Seismology, and the participation of EPOS TCS NFOs is encouraged. It will comprise oral and poster presentations.
During the event will be organized Invited lectures in all thematic areas by renowned European experts.
For those interested, a guided visit to the Acropolis and its strong-motion monitoring array will be organised on November 14 in the morning.
More information, including the detailed workshop program and registration procedure, will be made available in the coming weeks.
Please save the dates in your calendars!