Due to the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak the interdisciplinary EPOS SP workshop entitled “Understanding Active Deformation of the Adriatic Plate and its Margins: AdriaArray - Science, Infrastructure, & Community Building” which should have been held in Sopron, Hungary, on 20-22 May 2020 has been cancelled.
The workshop will be rescheduled. The new dates and location will be announced as soon as possible depending on the evolution of the ongoing sanitary emergency. Updates will be distributed as soon as they become available.
The EPOS SP project workshop titled “Understanding the active deformation of the Adriatic Plate and its margins: Science, Infrastructure & Community Building” will be focused on fostering EPOS community services in the Adriatic-Carpathian-Dinarides region.
Among the goals of the workshop are:
- capacity building and strengthening cross-European scientific transfer of knowledge and infrastructure;
- coordinating with interested groups and partners the preparation of the AdriaArray experiment and key scientific components, including discussing proposals to funding sources and initial project logistics;
- broadening the community of EPOS & EPOS Seismology (ORFEUS, EMSC, EFEHR) in the region;
- discussing best practices for field work and data management of permanent and temporary deployments and tailor-made QC for dense temporary networks;
- fostering the cooperation of mobile seismic pools in Europe.
The Organising Committee:
- EPOS & ORFEUS / EPOS Seismology integration: C. Cauzzi, R. Sleeman, F. Haslinger
- Science program & AdriaArray community setup: T. Meier, P. Kolínský, C. Faccenna